Whither PriusChat?

The PriusChat web site seems to have gone off the air. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Just wondering...

Reply to
Bream Rockmetteller

I just checked; it's up and running.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

priuschat.com is still running

Reply to
Warrior

How very odd... I've tried Safari and Firefox, and even IE6 via Darwine and get no response. Perhaps my ISP has something against hybrids...

Reply to
Bream Rockmetteller

I just tried again, and it's still there, with messages posted as recently as a half hour ago.

I'm using a Mac with OS X 10.5.5 and Safari 3.2.1

-- Michelle

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Or just a DNS problem.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

You are probably right.

Bream, paste the IP address (instead of priuschat.com) in the URL field. It is:

67.227.135.51
Reply to
Was Istoben

Nope... I still get:

Safari can?t open the page ?http://67.227.135.51/?. The error was: ?Operation could not be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302.)? (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork:302) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.I'll try a few more things and see if I can find a solution.

Reply to
Bream Rockmetteller

"Bream Rockmetteller" wrote in message news:2008112710471416807-breamdotrockmettellerat@macdotcom...

Rats. With Windows XX at least, that would rule out a DNS problem.

Reply to
Was Istoben

It's a strange one. I get the same result on two other Macs, neither of which have the same update or plugins that I've got. On the iPod I get the message that the network connection was lost. Even stranger is that I've had the same problem at work... different computer, different ISP, different DNS. I haven't tried it from my Windows box at work yet. I'll try it Monday.

Reply to
Bream Rockmetteller

"Bream Rockmetteller" wrote in message news:2008112712322016807-breamdotrockmettellerat@macdotcom...

Can you drop to DOS and ping that IP address? I know nothing about Apples.

Reply to
Was Istoben
Reply to
Michelle Steiner
Reply to
Bream Rockmetteller

Try asking at comp.sys.mac.system Maybe someone there can help you figure it out.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Sure there is. Terminal. Then use any UNIX command you like.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Well, they seem to be pretty selective about it. PriusChat is the only web site that I can't seem to contact, either by http or ping. I can ping almost every address I try, but sites such as Amazon or MacDailyNews do not respond to pings, although the web pages work fine.

This discussion has gotten way off-topic for this group. At least it's been confirmed that PriusChat hasn't gone down. I'll figure out my little problem at some point. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Reply to
Bream Rockmetteller

That's not the same.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Yes, it is. The OS gives you access to a command line interface.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Bream Rockmetteller" wrote in message news:2008112719482216807-breamdotrockmettellerat@macdotcom...

PriusChat isn't down and it's not a DNS problem. That leaves firewall/router/application security possibilities. Good luck!

Reply to
Was Istoben