Odd engine noise when starting

Whenever I start my engine from cold in my 11 month old Rover 25, and begin to pull away, there is an odd ticking noise from the engine that continues for between 1 - 5 minutes until the engine has sufficiently warmed up. Thereafter all is fine until it comes to starting the engine again the next morning, or after leaving the vehicle for the day while at work. Starting the car up to a few hours after its last use does not cause the same noise to occur.

Hope you could help me identify this because it's beginning to get on my nerves!

Reply to
Damian Lee Eaton

Sounds like it might be a sticky hydraulic tappet, at 11months old you should rally take it back to your dealer to get it sorted

Jim

Reply to
Jim