Rover 200 electric windows

For a Rover 214 Mk2 (the pre-25/bubble shape) any idea what would be involved in adding the "one touch" feature to the existing passenger side electric window?

Also, does anybody know if it is possible to convert the "one touch" to work on closing the windows as well as opening?

Thanks.

Reply to
Clive

Nick the e/window module from an 800? My old Sterling had one touch in both directions for all windows and sunroof.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

my 220gti 93 model has 1 touch on drivers side but window dont stop when its fully open and makes a horrible clunkin noise any ideas on what suppost to stop motor at bottom ?

Peter

Reply to
Peter

That's good info, thanks...I know a couple of tame breakers, I'll see if they have got any 800's in. What year was your Sterling?

Reply to
Clive

I was under the impression that the motor went on until it hit the mechnical stop, at which point the motor stalled and the control unit detected the increase in current and shut off the supply. At least this is the system I've seen on other cars. Some cars, eg Vauxhall have a very sensitive "overload" to take account of trapped fingers, which is they have a "frost" switch to over rid this and all for the extra effort required to over come the ice on the window.

Reply to
Clive