Rover 25 door latch failure

If any one can help i would be very grateful.

I have a w reg Rover 25, The passenger side front door is locked shut,

I believe the problem is with the latch as the central locking still works and the handle and pip mechanism seem to operate the lock and the lock solenoid sounds like it is firing as usual.

I am trying desperately to access the lock or latch mechanism so i can open the door and replace the unit.

Does anyone know how i can fix this

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
adam.hughes

Not good I'm afraid you need to get the door panel off with the door shut (that's not easy) removing the passenger seat from the drivers side will help, I did this with the first one I did. Then when the panel is off you will have to get the lock in pieces from the back, I drilled various holes in the back plate which allowed me to access the locking pin and release it. Defiantly not an easy task anyone who has had the pleasure of doing them will agree I'm sure.

Reply to
R A

I had feared this would be the solution, do you think a possible solution would be to take an angle grinder to the exterior of the door to gain access to the lock, and then replace the whole door, as my local scrap yard has a good conition rover 200 in the same colour?

Reply to
adam.hughes

Its a bit severe but if as you say you have a good door to replace it with then its a good solution, taking the skin off would definitely give you full access :-)

Reply to
R A