Rover Newbie

Despite having heard several bits of gossip, rumour etc surrounding potential problems and unreliablity I have just aquired a 2002 Rover 75 Club

1.8 anyway..... simply because I love the car, it's styling, comfort etc etc etc etc

Can anyone within this group shed some light on the true picture of owning a

75 ? such as : what are the accepted problems, niggly complaints, areas of concern, and items to watch out for etc

Thanks in anticipation

Phil

Reply to
Phillip Cooke

I've had a 2000 Classic CDT manual for 18 months now. The only areas I've noticed are:

Uneven tyre wear on the front wheels - just had the nearside front tyre go bald on the inside sidewall causing a flat with all the steel belts showing. The offside tyre while worn was nowhere near as bad. This is on a car with 55k miles on it.

Squeaks from the rear shock absorbers. There was a maintenance recall for this, but the dealers will only fit the uprated shims on the shocks if the customer complains about the squeak.

The provided spare only being a spacesaver and not a full roadwheel.

The servicing is reasonably priced, the car doesn't seem to chew any consumables (Oil, Water).

Other than that it's all bee sweetness and light.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:48:23 +0000, Paul S. Brown wrote:=0D =0D Paul,=0D =0D

=0D Interesting. I get rapid n/s front tyre wear on my 800 Vitesse shod with Dunlop SP9000s ZRs - 14k miles.=0D =0D

=0D The 800 sqeeks in this area. Will investigate when I replace them.=0D =0D

Aggravting, but the space-saver can be replaced with a full sized tyre. It is in the options column on the specs/adertising blurb.=0D =0D

=0D What is the cost of a service at your neck of the woods?=0D =0D =0D kev

Reply to
<KevH

£129 for the last service (48k)

P.