Latest threads in Rover Carsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

416/414
I have a Rover 416si but recently the head gasket went and i was told by a number of people that i would need to replace the engine. I enquired at a local garage and was told that they could put a 414...
1
1

1999 75 2.5 Sterling Navigation system
I'm the proud owner of this impressive car since two days now. But suddenly the navsys disappeared from the menu-screen. Has anyone an idea? And secind where can I find documentation on what is...

Rover 45 Parking Sensors
My parking sensors have failed in a few months. The main dealer does not seem to know what the fault is. They replaced one sensor then decided it was a switch. Has anyone else had the sanme problems...

rover 3.9v8 + lucas AM5 AFM
Can anyone help with testing the airflow meter? I have a vague snippet of info that measuring the resistance between the two outer connections should be adjusted to read 110 ohms to get a ready to run...

EKA Code problems
I recently bought a 1999 220SDi. It didn't come with either the stereo code or the emergency key access (EKA) code for the immobiliser. I've obtained these from my local Rover dealer, and decided to...
4
4

Rad Fan Switch Need Changing?
On my 1992 Rover 214 sli the cooling fan doesn't cut in until about 3/4 up the temp gauge - can anyone shed light on this? Can anyone check theirs and report back?
3
3

Re: Bleeding Cooling System - Urgent Help Pls
They aren't too hard to bleed. Turn the heater knob to HOT. Fill the header tank with coolant/water (I always use 50% strength) right to the top, past the MAX mark. If there is a 3" tall rubber pipe...

Rover 416SLi - "knocking" under centre front of car
This one's on behalf of my mum: she has an L-reg Rover 416SLi which is "knocking" somewhere under the central front part of the car when accelerating around left and right bends. Initially it was...
1
1

Rover 420 GSi newish shape - erratic idle.
Hello, I have the above model. Recently on three separate occasions the car has failed to idle properly; twice it has run slow resulting in stalling and once it idled at over 2000 rpm. On both...

Rover 216 VP
I have just bought the above mentioned car it is a C reg could anyone tell me where I may find a handbook for this modal . Monty .
6
6

Good tip for 800 owners
I got a good tip for all you folk who play around with your 800s. DON'T remove the sunroof assembly, entrust this task to your rover deal as the job is complex and involved. Ant its a TW*T to get back...

Re: Rover left-side rear door doesn't lock - and now?
I'm not familiar with your exact car but here is something to try. Allow yourself a couple of hours in dry weather as the door will need to open for a while. I would take off the handles etc. and door...
7
7

Weak wastegate spring?
T16 Turbo (420) How easy is it to sort this problem out? Thanks, Steve :)
5
5

Rover 416sli Engine warning light
I have just brought a 1994 (M reg) 416sli. Every thing seemed Ok and the car passed all of the usual tests before I purchased it. I have had two Rovers previously (but only the 200 series) and they...
2
2

Re: See on autotrader
i seen a h reg 827 sterling for £550 so for that other car about 500 quid
6
6