1972 96 help please.

I am trying to remove the body linings that are at the sides of the rear seat. The bottoms and sides come out all right, but I can't work out how the top edge is held in out. The lining is brown and there is a broad black strip across the top, just under the window, which seems to be firmly fixed. I don't want to break anything! Thanks

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Misterbeets

That upper black padded strip actually has metal prongs every few inches that fit into holes in the car body. Use a screwdriver to pry them out but slide it along until you feel that it is against the prong. pry gently so you don't bend the strips spine which is thin steel.

Reply to
Nilsa and Barry Mabel