Elantra 2003 - aftermarket CD player recommendation?

I want to replace the FM/Cassette in my Elantra 2003 with an FM/CD player. Do many of the aftermarket players fit the Elantra? Can you recommend a particular make/model? Thanks!

Reply to
Swingman

I've replaced stock FM/CD in my 2002 Elantra GT with a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X579 CD/MP3 player

, and it fits and works great. There are many others that fit your car. Check out Crutchfield
- they will show you models that do. I've been buying from Crutchfield for over 10 years and find their the service and selection excellent. You can decide to buy elsewhere while still using Crutchfield for reference, of course. I enjoy the convenience of being able to carry a few MP3 or WMA disks with

15 or so albums each instead of dozens of CDs, so I definitely recommend spending a little extra for an MP3 player. I also recommend replacing factory speakers (as I did), as the speakers in my Elantra GT were disappointedly cheap.

Cheers,

-Ig.

Reply to
Igor Matlin

I appreciate your reply - thanks! I looked on Circuitcity.com and didn't find a single unit that fits the Elantra so I wasn't hopeful until now.

Reply to
Swingman

Walmart also sells such.

Recently I paid them about $28 for a c.d./cassette adapter (to adapt the am-fm-cassette to play c.d.)

I noticed they apparently sell the part(s) you need too.

Reply to
Robert Cohen