2005 rims 9-3

I have a oppertunity to buy 4 new steel saab rims(for winter use) and I am trying to find out if they will fit my 2005 9-3.

They have a saab part number on them 4688156, these are 15".

The local dealer tells me they will fit up to 2003 9-3 models.

Are there any variations in brake rotor sizes in the 2005 model year these could allow these to work for some 2005 9-3's and not others? My 2005 came with 16" alloys that I don't want to use in the winter.

I will measure the rotors next chance I get and see what that is if that would be helpful to narrowing this down.

thanks for the help

Reply to
newsaabowner

According to the manual for my 2004 9-3, 15" wheels are not recommended for the Arc and Aero. Check your manual to see if there are similar recommendations. I believe the issue is rotor size, although it doesn't say this in the manual and I have never measured.

Reply to
Shane Almeida

Shane Almeida wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Thank you your response, I checked the manual and it does make mention of the 15" size as a possibility. Does not say it will fit, but that it could fit. My car is a Linear so I am expecting that it is more likely to have smaller rotors than the arc or areo, no guarantee of course.

I will get ot there and pull front wheel and measure the rotor diameter and see what I have there. Hate to take a chance on ordering these rims as shipping will be noticeable and non-refundable.

Reply to
newsaabowner

A Linear has 15" rims as standard anyway.

However, Saab did change the offset parameters on the Sports Sedan new style of 9-3 like you have. While the 2003 was the first year for this model, the convertible stayed on the old platform. So I believe these rims are for an earlier NG900 / 9-3 or 9-5.

As a result, they will most likely fit and function. But in Saab's opinion, the offset is important and you should use 2003- 9-3 steel rims which Saab produces and sells through the dealer network, in fact, they have had a "winter tire program" for the past 20 years or so...

So your decision. I'd definately see what the original dealer of your car would do for you in getting a set of snowtires.

Reply to
SmaartAasSaabr