9-5 Radio Question

I just bought a used 9-5, the radio worked but apparently the battery was replaced and the changer did not work. Works fine now.

I just paid $50 to get my CD-Changer married to my dash unit. I'm told (By the dealer) that anytime my battery dies or is disconnected, I need to get this done. Can someone explain how this really works? If I want to service something that requires the battery to be disconnected, I need to spend $50 to get the changer back? Will I have to get the dash unit reset also?

Thanks much,

Ron

Reply to
rkr

They have to use their proprietary Tech-2 device to communicate with the modules and allow the head unit to adopt the CD Changer. But I don't think this happens every timke you lose the battery, just if there have been impulses. I could be wrong on that though...

Reply to
Fred W

In message , rkr writes

Sounds like rubbish to me. As far as I'm aware, unlike the older radios in the 900/9000 cars which had a PIN to enter every time the battery was disconnected, with the 9-5 and 9-3, once the radio and changer is married by Tech2 to the car it stays married and you can happily disconnect the battery as many times as you want without having to visit the dealer.

All the best,

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair

Andrew Sinclair schrieb:

hi there,

i replaced my 9-5 tid3.0 battery two times right now without any marriage between radio and cd-player ;-) and i had several times a blackout of my battery without losing connection between radio an cd, too. so pls feel free to do what u want to do with ur cars battery ;-))

Reply to
Christoph Kessler