9-3 2000 radio

Just got a second-hand (pre loved!) 2000 9-3. There is no radio code recorded; do I need one or is it all in the radio chip that identifies it to the car? I want to work on the car and need to disconnect the battery. Thanks

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

IF you do not have the code, the dealer can get it for you if you bring in the car and show them the registration. There should not be a charge for this but you never know.

Reply to
still me

In message , still me writes

No security codes with the 9-3 radio, it is hard coded to the car security system so you can disconnect the battery without fear.

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair

Thanks, I have just found that out from another source as well. Our new Wellington dealer is not very well informed yet!

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Are you sure about that? What year did they change?

Reply to
still me

This comes from the tech, advisor to the UK Saab Owners Club, who runs a Saab garage. The NG900s need a code.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

In message , still me writes

The NG900's had radios that required a code to unlock them. With the

9-3 (and 9-5) the radio and CD changers are 'married' to the car security system using the Tech II diagnostic tool the dealers use and don't need a code entering when the battery is removed.
Reply to
Andrew Sinclair