9000 cs cruise

Hello, I have a 94' 9000 CS and have been trying to diagnose an intermittent cruise control problem. It seems to hold vacuum (suck on the hose at the pump, throttle holds), switches seem to release vacuum, so maybe it's the cruise ecu. Where exactly is it? On the 9000 FAQ's site, in the cruise diagnoses section, it mentions the location as being by the left knee. I have 2 modules there, one being for the power locks and the other being a silver can by HELLA. It's 11 pins and has an "034" stamped on the back. Is this it? I question it as the cruise light on the dash still lights when this can is disconnected. Thanks for any responses.

Reply to
ajs

sorry don't know my 9000 used to do this

try searching or posting here

they seem to have already covered most things

Andy

Reply to
Andy

That indeed did help! Sure enough, I found a post looking for the very item by part number. A few solder points of the connector appeared to be cold (cracked), so I touched them up. Still doesn't work. Going to try adjusting the pedal switches some more. Thanks for the link.

Reply to
ajs

Re-soldering didn't help. Picked up a new (used) cruise ecu from the wreckers and that did the trick. Finally have cruise again. (glad I didn't have to get one from the dealer!$!$!$)

Reply to
ajs