'93 9000 cde alarm won't go off NEED HELP!!!!

M son bought a used 9000 cde and apparently it was supposed to come with a remote control but it did not. The problem is that the battery is dead and when I put jumper cables on it the alarm goes on and i can't turn it off. The dealer says I will need a whole new relay unit and says it's going to cost around $1000. Is there some way i can rectify this without going into the poor house to do so. The only code I have is to reset the radio. Please help!!!!! Thank you, Rudy Eberstadt

Reply to
rudyeb

You didn't indicate where you live, but when I was in Southern California, I bought a repo 95 9000CDE. It was without the remote and the dealer there was able to get just the key ring thing and set it to the cars frequency for about $100. Unless there is something else wrong with the car, I think the dealer is pulling your leg.

Reply to
Earl Beachler