99 9-5 Turbo? TSB on blue puff at start?

I remember reading about a TSB on cleaning the oil trap on the early 9-5's that cause a blue puff on startup. My 9-5 has started to do this, but I can't find the docs on what to do about it.

I took the car to the dealer, they told me that the turbo is starting to go and it needs to be replaced. I declined.

thoughts?

If it is the turbo, anyone know who makes it? Often you can get them rebuilt directly from the manufacturer without having to pay the exhorbitant price from Saab....

Thanks

Reply to
Bill Jackson

When I bought my 1987 9000T about 8 years ago, I had it checked out by the SAAB agent in Auckland. I was told the Turbo was blowing smoke and would need replacing soon. Well, I never saw any smoke and the same turbo is still there, but my son runs the car now. 250000km. They missed the cruise wasn't working and a few other things; I was not very impressed.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

A quick check on all-data shows several possibilities:

This site may help too:

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

here's a site with 9-5 turbo types ( can u read swedish)

Andy

Thanks for the pointers from a couple of you...

I've found the TSB that I was looking at, it's actually a recall (291-2211) The dealer is supposed to have marked the car on the "campaign plate" if this recall was done on the car, I'll have to go check and see if I can find this. (any clue as to where this campaign plate would be found?)

As for the turbo, its' a Garrett GT1752, or so says a couple of site including the sweedish one that was referenced in one of hte replies. However, I cant' find any info on Garrett's that look anything like that number. (possibly a Saab-custom housing, etc?) Anywya, I can find GT15, GT2, GT3 and GT4 info. Anyone have any idea which ones we're talking about?

Reply to
Bill Jackson