99 9-5 5-speed?

I am in the Denver Metro area.

I have been looking for a 9000 5-speed. Not much luck.

Now I am considering maybe a 99 9-5 5-speed.

Anything to watch out for? Advice on this or other years welcome.

Do you have one for sale, 9000 or 9-5?

Thanks,

Charles.

Reply to
Charles

KeithG

I have a 99 9-5 5-speed, SE and love it. Had two 9000's before that (86 and

92). It's got over 100K on it now and is going strong.

The only issue I've had with mine in the three years since I bought it was the SID had to be replaced. It's a known issue with the early 9-5's (and others) that pixels start to disappear in the display above the radio. It was about $300 to get it replaced, installed and programmed by the dealer.

The car is FAST, drives great. The gearbox is smooth, all in all a much better drive than the early 9000's that I had.

Reply to
Bill Jackson

Thanks for your inputs.

A local friend of mine and fellow RM Saab Club member cautioned me about several problems including the $2,800 heater flap problem.

He advised a 2001 or newer. I guess I am still look> I am in the Denver Metro area.

Reply to
Charles