Alarm Troubles

I have a 1999 Saab 93 SE 2 Litre Automatic. Whenever there is really heavy rain or hail, the alarm goes off. It's fine otherwise, but these last few evenings there has been heavy rain, and every 10 mins or so, the alarm goes off. It comes to the point where I have to leave the car unlocked throughout the night in order to get some sleep.

Is there something I can do to "tweak" the sensitivity of the alarm, or would I need to take it to a Saab dealer for them to sort?

Thanks in advance....

Reply to
Gemma

rain or hail, the alarm goes off. It's fine otherwise, but these last few evenings there has been heavy rain, and every 10 mins or so, the alarm goes off. It comes to the point where I have to leave the car unlocked throughout the night in order to get some sleep.

need to take it to a Saab dealer for them to sort?

IIRC, After you take the key out of the ignition, hold in the "night panel" button. You should get a message on the SID along the lines "door alarm only". Then you can at least lock the car overnight.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Thank you so much. While we're at it, I'm also having trouble with my key fob. If I take your advice, would I still be able to open the lock with my key without setting the alarm off?

Thanks again

Reply to
Gemma

If I take your advice, would I still be able to open the lock with my key without setting the alarm off?

I've never tried it, but I'd assume that if you lock it with the remote, you'd have to unlock it with the remote too whether or not it's in "doors-only" mode. If, on the other hand, you locked it with the key, then I wouldn't expect it to set the alarm at-all, so you could unlock with the key (again, regardless of the "full alarm"/"doors only" setting.

One way to find out for sure...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to