Anyone fancy a pint?

Reply to
Richard Kirby

It's pretty much the opposite around here. I see lots of classic 900's but only a few 9000's. Plenty of newer stuff though.

Reply to
James Sweet

For the record: Glasses- Yes, Beard- Yes (Goatee), Pipe- Yes, sometimes (though I find buying a pack of smokes to be more convenient that carrying a pipe to get a nic fix). And my pint of choice would be a Guinness. (Although in my mind a pint and a beer are two very different things!!!) Why is American beer like making love in a canoe? They're both #$#@ing close to water!! - Monty Python Saabs are quite popular here in New England (Maine), much more than in the other parts of the country I've been to. There are quite a few c900's, tons of NG900s, a few 9000s (like me!), and plenty of 9-3s and

9-5s, although it seems like 9-3s outnumber the 9-5s 2 to 1 here. I've seen the occasi>
Reply to
Chris Campbell

in article NZVhf.4686$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Al at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 26/11/2005 09:33:

Drinking and driving is quite wrong, too :)

For the record, I'm a bearded (through sheer laziness, rather than any intention), non-spectacled C900 driver. I'm not fat ... Nooooo! Just rounded, which is glandular and nothing whatsoever to do with the fine curries my city is famed for, nor my love of beer :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

....I wouldn't recommend smoking a pipe while driving - especially in a car with an air-bag. When I was young (and foolish I hear you say) I did try smoking my pipe while riding my motorcycle. I only did this once as the wind sucked all the embers and tobacco out of the pipe and down the back of my neck. It was an interesting experience, but again I don't recommend it...!

Reply to
Pidgeonpost

Think I see a pattern emerging here.. ;)

Reply to
Nasty Bob

That's got to work better than those quit smoking nicotine patches.. I'll be chuckling about that image of you smoking a pipe on a motor bike all morning.

Reply to
Nasty Bob

...at that time, 'Bob' it wasn't uncommon to see old blokes riding their BSA Bantams, Tiger Cubs, and motorcycle combinations smoking pipes, roll-ups etc with varying degrees of success. Oh, and many of them wore no crash helmets. Unimaginable today of course!

Reply to
Pidgeonpost

A nice single-malt is never a bad idea...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Hey Dave - thanks for dropping by. Didn't think you'd stay away for long when there was talk of a drink ;)

So how do you measure up to this rapidly forming Saab stereotype: Facial hair (at least some of the time) Glasses Smoker or ex-smoker Biker or ex-biker Likes a drink (or two) Doesn't take life too seriously (Johannes a notable exception;)

Reply to
Nasty Bob

mmmmmmmm now you are talking!

Al

Reply to
Al

Heh. I had a guy in Oban, Scotland, buy some US Silver coins from me on eBay last month. In turn, I took the exact amount of money he sent me, and bought a bottle of Oban Scotch with it. Funny how things go in circles.

Come to think of it, I also sold some coins to a guy named "James Potter", and was able to complete the entire transaction without making the obvious comment. He's probably as sick of _that_ as we are of "Get it? SAAB story? Guffaw..."

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I meet a few of the requirements:

  1. Facial hair
  2. Reading glasses now
  3. Used to race bicycles - but that probably does not count
  4. Doesn't take life too seriously - I have earned a reputation as a balloon sculpture expert in my community (churches and schools).
Reply to
ma_twain