Manually Adjustable Clutch Cable

The auto-adjustable clutch cable broke last week on my son's 97 Saab

900 SE and I replaced it yesterday with a manually adjustable clutch cable from NAPA. Before the cable broke, the clutch engaged fine. Now it seems to chatter, like oil is on the disk, but it doesn't leak oil at all. Any suggestions? Did I miss something with the manual adjustment? It engages about an 1" from the floor and doesn't start to disengage until about an 1" after being depressed. Thanks, Ron
Reply to
Ron