can't hear turn signal

2 things.

  1. I have a 97 Aero and am kind of tall. 6'4". When I sit in the driver's seat, the steering wheel completely blocks my view of the turn signal indicator lights on the dashboard. The sound these things make is also barely audible. I often find that turns I've made have not been sharp enough to cause the turn signal arm to return to the middle, so I go tooling on down the road like some little old lady with the turn signal on. Has anyone come up with an easy fix to this situation. I mean a fix for the car, by the way, not a fix for the driver.

  2. all this spam! what can be done to make this into a moderated group, whereby only on topic posts would make it into the newsfeed?

Thanks.

Reply to
Milo

On 30 Jun 2003, Grunff tapped on a keyboard and the electrons formed this:

That works if the messages are truly "crossposted." Some spammers use "news blasters" which do not conform to crossposting. They post individually, to multiple groups as if they were all single postings.

Reply to
Larry Jandro

I just hook a finger under the lever and then let it go half way through the turn. I never put the signal light switch all the way on. I have noticed that some newer model cars "not saab" put small indicator lights out on the side mirrors so you cant forget. I think I will mount a couple of simple "leds' somewhere convenient!!

Reply to
Larry J. Tobin

There's already a couple of large flashing lights on the dash for that purpose :-)

Bob

Reply to
Jimmy

Yes indeed, but as was stated in the first posting, they are almost impossible to see. I have to pull my chin down to my chest to see them. half of my dash is obsecured by the steering column. Also , ever try driving with the sunvisor down. all I can see any road signs or streetlights without almost lying over on to the passenger seat. But I still love the old gal, despite 'all" her shortcomings!!

"Jimmy >" >

Reply to
Newfie43

In article , snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

I find that putting it Halfway down, or Pushing it through flush against the windscreen, rather than having vertical helps.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

"automatically"

Except for us vertically well-endowed types, in which case the lowest the seats will go is still not low enough, and if the wheel would only tilt as well as telescope it would be oh, so much better!

-Fred

Reply to
Fred W.

Fair enough brother Fred - just an opinion..

I stand 6 foot without the sneakers and I always found that moving the wheel a little closer (which moves it up) works ok - even being horizontally challenged as I am.. :) ..

Have you considered replacing the steering wheel with something a little smaller or moving the seat back in it's brackets? I tried it once on a 900 I liked and it worked great..

Reply to
Dexter J

No, that would make it worse... My problem is I am long legged so the further back I am the more I have stretch to reach the wheel. I like to telescope the wheel to get it within reach but then the wheel is up too high...

-Fred

Reply to
Fred W.