saab 900 turbo m reg

hello just bought myself a 900 turbo on a m reg plate its done 130,000 miles and its got a sensonic system on it the car wont start and there is a light on the dash board " CHECK ACS" what does this mean and are there any easy ways so solving the problem cheaply. i have checked the fuses and going to disconnect and reconnect the battery to see if i reset the unit. its was also difficult to get the car out of reverse this morning.

help

james

Reply to
Richard Lewis

The "a m reg plate" does only have a meaning for a subset of the readers of alt.autos.saab. What's is wrong with using numbers like

1973 or 1995?

ACS = Automatic Clutch System = Sensonic = £££££££

Something is wrong with the Sensonic system. A Saab dealer can read the fault codes with the Tech-II diagnostics tool.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

1994 ;)

(Then again, hearing people whinge about US $ gas prices only has meaning for a subset of the newsgroup too especially when it's far far far cheaper than for most of the other readers!) :)

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

thanks, i think its going into the saab dealer later this week

Reply to
Richard Lewis

sorry, i ment a 1995 but fingers crossed it wont be a too expensive

Reply to
Richard Lewis

He, Americans are born whiners. We started whining around 1773 and that is the reason we're not a colony of Britain today. Whining is a tradition and a national pastime for us. Fortunately, even today, the ruling powers give us plenty of material so we can keep up our whining without difficulty.

Bob

Reply to
Jimmy