de-badged saab

Somebody was definately out to de-badge my Saab, I bought it a couple of years ago with the boot badge missing (and nice paint scratches to illustrate where the screw driver was wedged), now I find the coloured plastic part on my bonnet badge has been liberated - fellow Saabers, surely not? If anyone has spares of either of these please drop me a line. Cheers, Gwilym.

'90 Saab 900i to reply remove the 'n' from snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
GG

Be aware that when these emblems get older, they have a tendency for the paint to crack-up (it's not plastic even though it looks like it when new) and it seems to come off rather suddenly, leaving just the silver substrate behind, usually after having been run through a car wash. Did you wash your car recently?

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

hmm, did run it through the wash the other day - strange it didn't appear to be peeling or anything. OK I'll stop giving the local kids evil looks now. The back one was definately nicked but that was before my time...

Not so pissed off now - cheers.

Gwilym.

Reply to
GG

Yeah, I'm sure the local hoods know how to get the emblems off whole, without causing any damage to the emblem. Damage to you car is never their concern...

Cheers back at ya!

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

thought someone nicked mine the other week- same thing, (bonnet badge) cost a tenner for my local saab dealer to replace.

Jason

Reply to
jasonoc