Got it home.

Passenger rear arch a bit scabby, but not bad other than that. Both front headlight pictograms on, even though it passed the MOT last month.

Need to check whether it is the relay or the bulbs. How do you get the headlight bulb out from behind the AC?

Reply to
Elder

What do you mean?

On the newer 9000 (2.0 litre) I have removed bulbs without removing anything else. I don't think the Aero would be different but I don't know.

:-) Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

MOT is the UK anual inspection for roadworthyness. That includes a check of operation of lights.

The rhs looks a bit tighter for space than the lhs (from the cabin) because of the aircon compressor and the hoses. I "fixed" the problem anyway. I removed and reseated the red and orange relays (headlight and monitoring) and checked the bulbs in the left hand side.

The headlight bulb was a little slack and the clip wasn't pressing it into place too well. A little wiggle and all good again.

Reply to
Elder

With difficulty!

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

I think it was just the relay contacts corroded a little, removed and refitted the red and orange relays and all good, headlight pictograms off and with a wiggle of the bulb both lights working. Took it for a drive down a nice bumpy road that is typical of the potholed uk tarmac and it is still fine.

Reply to
Elder