I seem to be a Saab owner again.

...when we bought our 9000 CSE (2.3LPT) the only way I could get the deal past my Domestic Assistant was buy buying an after-market warranty which stipulated that engine oil and filter must be changed every *** 6K miles *** !!! And it had to be done by a VAT-registered garage. Moral: Read the small print. This is no joke with the price of oil being what it is, and IMHO totally unnecessary - but I've done over 80K miles (152K on the clock), and I console myself ( a little) with the fact that the car drops nor burns any oil. Long may it continue. Off topic, but have you noticed just how small and neat the C900 looks when parked alongside many modern cars that are classed as "small" ??? Incidentally, some years ago I noticed my dealer was using Mobil 1, which was kind of a surprise as I thought that they would use Saab-branded oil. Called Saab Customer Service who confirmed that dealers have some flexibility in the oil they use so long as it's the right spec...

Yours etc....Dunramblin....

Reply to
Pidgeonpost

As Grunff says, it is possible that, for thoroughness he took the engine down for checking it and replaced anything worn.

Another possibility ism that although serviced everytime, that doesn't imply that between services it was driven by a nun. It is quite possible that a small coolant leak wasn't spotted, until one day it overheated (between services), was ignored and resulted in a BHG. Other option being an oil leak that resulted in it seizing (although then I would be more worried about the turbo).

Either way, a knackered engine just means no other checking between services was done. If the car was 1 owner from new, the owner probably thought the only checks you ever needed to do was the services, I mean that is all it needed that far.

And the boxes are notorious anyway.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar