Ignition Location

It's just that I've come across people who make snap conclusions, and then stick with them as if they were facts. I've experienced being taken for a German and a Dutch person, with people expressing utter surprise when I tell them that they're not right. A little fiction easily becomes fact in some peoples mind. Even if I tell them that I studied in Copenhagen, I'm still Dutch because Copenhagen is the capital of The Netherlands - of course ;-) Actually I hate "Copenhagen" because it's really København.

And Saab 9000 is not really a Saab... I could go on.

Reply to
Johannes

More like survival of the most cost effective. I4 isn't a great engine configuration in the first place, and mounting the engine transverse is another compromise.

Reply to
Grunff

Well, the name Johannes is common in the Nordic countries as well...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

And almost the same name as the (ex) Pope: Joannes Paulus II

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Which presumably explains the continuing existence of the ( predominantly ) 6 cyl in-line and V8 rwd vehicles in the executive sector that can afford the extra cost.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear