Instrument lighting 2009-5 Aero

I have had the light(s) fail behind the upper right quadrant of the speedometer. This requires a h... of a lot of labour to replace One(?) lamp.

has anyone else had problems which necessitated the disassembly of the entire dash?

are more lamps likely to fail? after all they are 5 to 6 years old and the vehicle has 120k miles on running with lights on all the time to get "running" lights.

Should I use Night Panel or turn the rheostat down to extend lamp life. Is there an easier way to get running lights without dash lights for daytime driving?

Should I have all or some other lamps replaced when the dash is disassembled?

Any and all comment would be deeply appreciated.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Mason

I really meant 2000 9-5 AERO

Reply to
Malcolm Mason

Try a Canadian Wrecker. All the CDN vehicles now have DRL's as standard and the module shouldn't cost too much used as there's really no demand for them up there. (that'd be my route).

Reply to
joe schmoe