Is it a bird, is it a plane?

Saab 9-2X is revealed in Auto Express.

front bonnet and grille is Saab, but most of the rest appear tobe Subaru, including the interior.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Discussion here:

TSN filter avoider wwws a a b scenecouk

Reply to
Murphwiz

Where have you found any pictures showing more than the official slightly angled front view? People are complaining that the 9-2 will look lika a Subaru, but no one has yet shown any pictures except the single official "photoshop" picture distributed by Saab.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

Then you know Göran that there aren't any other pictures :-) All I can go from is the text: "designers have skillfully grafted Saabs corporate nose on to the Imprezza's body, but the overall shape has been left alone - even the Subaru door handles remain."

However, from the part of the side panels that you can see, it looks slightly sharpened, although the side windows have the same shape and slim B-pillar as the Imprezza. I think the car will look sufficiently different, but the most disappointing aspect will be the interior if this hasn't been Saab'ened as is suggested.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

But this text is most likely written by a behind-the-desk car tester looking at the same picture as you and me. I would like to see some information from Saab, not some speculations by journalists.

I guess no one will know for sure until Saab releases some real pictures. So far Saab has only released some handmade concept drawings and this latest "photoshop"-type picture.

Taking the role of the behind-the-desk car tester I predict that parts that are expensive to change will not be changed, e.g. most body panels will be exactly the same as the Impreza. I predict this as the 9-2x must be ready for sale after a short development period, must be cheap to produce, and will be very short lived. The Impreza is soon going to be replaced and Subary and Saab is said to be working on the next car that will be the base for the new 9-2x and new Impreza. This is the

9-2x version that might be sold outside of the US.
Reply to
Goran Larsson

Hear! Hear! Goran.

Pete Brown