Light problem

Could this be the "Follow-Me-Home" (or Courtesy Headlamp) feature gone nuts? Lights are supposed to come on by removing the key, opening the door and pulling the light control stalk towards the steering wheel. Lights stay on for 30s.

Hale

Reply to
hale

Anyone here heard of this one?

My 97 900se's lights stay on (headlights) when I cut the car off, even when I remove the keys. To get them to cut off I have to restart it (or at least turn the key halfway) then off again. Eventually they'll go out. Incidently I hit a bump in the road today and the interior light came on for a second. Related? I don't know. I'm concerned about the headlight problem though. I see myself returning to a car with a dead battery very soon. ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

Next time it does that, pop the hood, and go thump on the headlight relay. Just a theory...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Possibly. I know the frontlights have gone out when the overhead light comes on, which is about 50% of the time. I've no idea where to begin...

~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

Didn't work.

~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

Next time it happens try opening and closing the drivers door and the wait a minute and see if they go out. If it's the courtesy lights being falsely triggered this may happen.

-Fred W

Reply to
The Malt Hound

Just noticed this is a GM-900, so I'm going to bow out as my knowledge is only theoretical on those.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Hi.

Isn't there a "follow me home" lighting function on these cars? Have you tried waiting and see if it the lights go dim on their own after a while?

På Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:33:36 -0500, skrev Gemini Jackson :

Reply to
Stian Simonsen

No there isn't.

No I haven't.

Hasn't happend again since that cold front passed through... ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

Hmm. It's raining AND cold AND the problem has returned. Could cold weather have something to do with this? ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson