what is this thing?

1993 900S.

between the driver seat and the door is a lever--and the handle will pull out to a length of maybe a foot or so.

what does this do? Seat angle seems to be controlled by a turn-the-knob thing at the base of the seat upright. But the lever...I've not a clue ( and my Bentley manual isn't due for several days).

Reply to
Mac Townsend

It's for adjusting the seat hight - it's extends to provide leverage.

Reply to
Dexter J

It adjust the angle of the horizontal part of the seat. It can tip you forwards or backwards. After you pull out the handle, if you pull it up it will tip you forwards, and vice versa.

John

Reply to
John B

Not just the angle but also the height! If you don't notice this, you must be shorter than I am. I have to keep the seat at the very lowest, and even then, my head hits the roof. Funny, I'm only 69.5 inches tall (175 cm), but I'm all torso.

Reply to
Tom Reingold