Look like a new SAAB SUV is on its way

Saab has given the go ahead to its own version of Subaru?s B9 Tribeca. (9-6X)

hale

So they figured out how to get that engine in the Tribeca?

They better not use the same commercial "blowing in the wind" as Subaru does.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

More likely the clowns in Detroit.

Christ ! That looks ugly.

The front end looks a bit like someone screwed an Alfa grille on upside down.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

*Gag* you weren't kidding, that thing is hideous!
Reply to
James Sweet

If you don't already have it get a copy of Infanview ( free media viewer ) and rotate the image.

It looks better upside down.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Irfanview, and yeah it's a great little program.

Reply to
James Sweet

Well, wait a sec...there are two picturess there, both of very different looking vehicles. Which one is of the actual 9-6x?

I've seen the picture over to the right a number of times prior (i had hoped they'd alter the design before production time, but apparently not). However regardless, both are butt ugly.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Tex,

Those photos are of the Subaru Tribeca on the left, and the Saab 9-3X on the right.

The Saab 9-6x has yet to be depicted anywhere as far as I have seen.

If you see any photos of the 9-6x, please let me know.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

in article Mt2dnS2 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, Tex at snipped-for-privacy@aspam101.org wrote on 24/07/2005 18:42:

Erm, neither one is really the "belle of the ball" :)

Indeed!

Paul

Vart tog vägen vägen? SAAB : Nothing on earth comes close

Reply to
Paul Halliday

...excellent...just what we need over here in Blighty - another over-specified, overweight, overpowered, overthirsty 4WD...

Reply to
Pidgeonpost

Exactly. If SuperSize is good for the USA, it's good for you!

Reply to
MH

With $6/gallon gas would anyone over there actually buy one?

Reply to
James Sweet

I rather assumed it was the one right next to the text saying " Saab 9-6X gets the green light "

The 9-6x doubly so. Considering it's based on a Subaru, that's hardly surprising. For the life of me I cannot understand how Subaru manage to make an entire range of vehicles so visually unattractive.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

That is effectively going to be the front end ofr al new Subarus. Seen some recent photos of the enxt Impreza with a very similar front end.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I did as well, however, i think it might simply be mislabelled. The one on the left must be the actual subaru version and the one on the right, clearly the saab version. Though the accompanying text is misleading at best.

Why would they ditch the sleek, sexy and now signature wraparound head lamps? I can't believe the 9-6x will go to production like that. It has to be a mistake.

Agreed.

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Tex,

The one on the RIGHT is NOT the 9-6x, it is the 9-3x

There have been no public photos of the 9-6x as of yet.

That's what is going on on that page.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Well, they sure made it is as confusing as hell!

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Agreed. You sure wouldn't have worked it out from the text !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Graham,

It is confusing, why talk about a model and show 2 photos (none of which are the model they speak of).

They shoulda, woulda, coulda provided information pertaining to the photos specifically indicating that neither were the 9-6x.

I guess mathmatical deduction came into place here.

- R

Reply to
Saab Guy