1979 Type 2 clutch cable

Hello all.

We bought a new clutch cable for my son's '79 bus. It was represented as being correct for that model year. It has been installed for approximately two weeks. During break-in it stretched as expected, and we adjusted it accordingly. Now, it appears that there is no remaining adjustment left, that is, the wing nut seems to be at the end of the threads.

Has anyone else encountered this? Do lemgths of clutch cables vary by model year?

Thanks.

Dzeetz

1979 Type 2 (son's) 1971 Karmann Ghia coupe
Reply to
Dzeetz

Of course, I mean LENGTHS.

Reply to
Dzeetz

If the clutch disk is quite new, that is no problem (and if the cable = won't stretch any more). When the disk wears, you will have to loosen the = cable to adjust the free play so that the clutch won't slip.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Reply to
Narley Dude®

Sorry to respond so late. Thank you all for you suggestions as to why the clutch cable seems to be lacking in available adjustment.

Dzeetz

Reply to
Dzeetz