Astra clutch cable ID ?

I've posted this over on uk.rec.maintenance and on Locostbuilders but I've had no joy, can anyone help ? :) I can't believe no-one knows ...

Ta

The clutch cable on my SAAB GM900 needs replacing, I've obtained an astra clutch pedal and cable [1] and bought a new cable from ebay.

The new cable has the wrong end, it was sold as an astra cable, but without the "hook" it obviously doesn't fit, it's identical apart from the end.

The new cable is an original GM one and has the part number 90522457.

Can anyone ID it from the number please ?

A pic is here;

Have I just been unlucky and bought the wrong one, or did Astras only come with the hook on the pedal end ?

Cheers in advance ;)

[1] With it being a Vectra in a frock, instead of replacing the expensive, badly designed, auto-adjusting SAAB cable an Astra pedal and cable can be used, allegedly ;)
Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

There's where you went wrong. You drive a Saab. ;p

So it's not identical at all.

Apparently not. If it's supposedly a Vectra in a frock, I would have thought that if any GM cable was to work, it'd be a Vectra one.

Reply to
Conor

Yebbut, you forget I'm coming into SAAB ownership from the other angle, I migrated from a Citroen. I'm really enjoying it :)

Well, apart from the end it is, it's also cleaner, and the label isn't as dogeared.

Me too, but they're hydraulic, as is the 9-3 (same floorpan).

Bollox, looks like I'll be doing whatI should've done in the first place, go to my friendly local motor factors and buy a "real" one, off a shelf, that I can have a proper look at first :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Have a look on Saabscene, saabcentral, or uksaabs.

One of them had a report on swapping the flawed hooked saab pedal with the fully circle eyed vauxhall one, and fitting the cable. It might say which one you should use.

Early NG900 were cable, later were hydraulic like the C900, and the 9-3.

Reply to
Elder

It's SAABscene I got the info from :)

I know which cable I need and the new one isn't it, I just want to know if the seller has sold me an Astra cable from some obscure model/engine combo without a hook (can't find a picture on ebay or wherever of one like it) or whether he's sent me the wrong cable and I can tell him it's not what I paid for :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

if you want i could get the part number checked at work? let us know on here and i'll note down the number on my phone and ask them tomz

Reply to
Vamp
+AD4- if you want i could get the part number checked at work? let us know on +AD4- here and i'll note down the number on my phone and ask them tomz

Vamp, if you could do that, I'd owe you one :)

the part number 90522457

Cheers, Tony

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

My google foo appears to be strong tonight.

A smallr link to a ebay frog page translated through google translate. Hope it is of some help.

Reply to
Elder

IV Couple of engines.

Reply to
Elder

Fit a bike engine ?...............

Yeah, I know.

My coat - I'm getting it.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Cheers Carl, top links.

Weird, although they're the same part number they both have the "hook" bit on the pedal end, the bit I need and the bit the new cable hasn't got.

I'd guess at wrongly numbered, it was sealed in a bag, with GM stickers on it....

Hey ho, cheers anyroad ;)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Don't you fooking start, turncoat.... ;)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Aw, c'mon... :-)))

It's worse than that.

I'm thinking of getting an Austin Cambridge Coupe now as well.

Pal of mine is selling a freshly painted MGB-GT which he has owned for years and it's straight as a die. BRG, pre 1973. New MOT. £1,500

Me and She and Mini Me could have fun with that I reckon.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Heh. Never heard one called that before, but makes sense...

Reply to
Chris Bartram

No problem.

Reply to
Elder

If it has the big centre speaker in the lower console, swap it for a=20 fibreglassed in tft screen, built in a car pc and rebadge it to an MP3- GT

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

HI MATE I DO THE PEDAL/CABLE CONVERSION ON EBAY IF YOU GOT THE ASTRA PEDAL THEN YOU NEED (QCC1818 CABLE ASTRA MK3)

url:

PAUL JAMES
+AD4- HI MATE I DO THE PEDAL/CABLE CONVERSION ON EBAY IF YOU GOT THE ASTRA PEDAL +AD4- THEN YOU NEED (QCC1818 CABLE ASTRA MK3) +AD4- +AD4- url:
Cheers for that :)

I will get round to it one day, I'll do it when the weather clears up a bit, it definitely needs doing it's getting annoying now +ADs-)

Ta, Tony

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)