OK - what's the trick to replace RHS dip beam headlamp on a 9k CSE

Finally got round to attempting to replace the bulb that was giving me intermittent illumination.

Managed to remove the circular cover on the lamp assy !

Cannot for the life of me fathom how you're supposed to negotiate all the nearby plumbing for the oil cooler, AC etc to actually replace the damn bulb ! It's difficult enough actually getting a view of it.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

You aren't. The way to do it is to remove the fastening screws and pull the headlight unit from the car. Remove the t-30 screws you can see. IIRC, there are a couple of 10mm bolts as we. One is under the grille (remove the grille to find it) and one is on the fender behind the turn signal light (it is removed by unclipping and pulling forward). This sounds complicated, but it is easier than removing the A/C compressor ;-)

KeithG

Pooh Bear wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

I was wondering if that might be the way.

Hmmm. And the trick to remove the grille is ? Haven't looked at that yet. :-)

That much I can certainly believe ! The oil lines certainly get in the way too.

I'm beginning to understand why the 9000 has a serious reputation for high service costs.

Just out of interest, the LHS lamp unit seems much less crowded behind. Can you actually replace the bulb via the circular access cover on that side ?

Cheers, Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Not really that tough. 10 minutes when you know what to do and not too much different from a lot of modern cars.

yes, the LHS has a lot more access room.

IIRS, you have to remove either L or R to replace that 'marker' light on the inboard position.

KeithG

Pooh Bear wrote:

Reply to
KeithG