Problem starting

I have a 1988 saab 2.ol 16 valve,

the problem is it take a few gos to get the car started. I have recently changed the starter, and the problem still remains, also when i get the car started its run sluggish for the fist 5-10 mins, and the check engines light flick on and off.

does anyone have any suggestions what it might be??

thanks

Reply to
rockisharding

changed the starter, and the problem still remains, also when i get the car started its run sluggish for the fist 5-10 mins, and the check engines light flick on and off.

More info.

A few gos - does that mean it turns over but doesn't start? Turns over slowly? Doesn't turn over?

Why did you replace the starter?

Reply to
Grunff

hey

yes it turns over but takes a few trys to start, providing i keep my foot on the gas.

About a week ago my starter failed, and the car would'nt turn over at all.

thanks connor

Reply to
rockisharding

hmmm.... just my thoughts but perhaps check the idle stabalizer, and the oxygen sensor.

Al

Reply to
_Al_