Q: Viggen Frt License Bolts

I just got a new bumper cap on a 00 Viggen but it did not come with holes for the license plate screws pre drilled. It has 4 small holes but they aren't threaded. Does anyone know if Saab has a kit, etc. or if the dealer has some way to get threads in there?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
WitchDr

WitchDr,

YES, Dealer has specific "mounting hardware" for their INSPECTION DELIVERY PROCESS which this is normally part of.

The part you got was basically like the Viggen just came from the factory (before hitting the dealer).

You need that dealer "plate/tag mounting hardware"

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

Sweet, thanks!

Brian

Reply to
WitchDr

Brian,

If you think it about it, it makes sense.

This bumper is "international" and the plate mounting kits are depending on the market it ends up on.

There are European License Plates that require different hardware than the U.S. mounting plates of course. :)

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

There are only 4 holes so there isn't much choice in where the screws are going. But, I'm mounting a "euro" Viggen vanity plate sooo... I'll have to call my local Saab dealer and see if they have the kit.

Reply to
WitchDr

I hope you are in Europe. Well it seems that your .RU domain indicates that you are.

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

Nope...sunny FLA. I put the RU in there as an anti-spam function. We have no front plates in FLA but I got a nice Viggen vanity plate. Turns out the only thing you need are some self tapping screws and Saab gave me these screw "snap caps". They have a thing that goes in between the screw and the plate, then when you screw it on, the cap snaps onto that part. Cheap but it looks good.

Reply to
WitchDr