Rear Wash wipe pump/reservoir C900

Where do I find these if I have them? Sounds silly but I have the rear wiper arm which works off a switch on the dash. I also have a water jet on the roof, but I've never got water out of it or heard a pump running when wiper is activated.

Cheers

Al

Reply to
Al

ma_twain

It was an option, yes. Both of my c900s have/had a black plug where the wiper would go through the rear glass. Might be market-specific?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dave,

I saw one in the NorthEast of the U.S. once, SOOOO rare.

Never again did I EVER see it on a real Saab 900 in person..ever..

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

I'll preface this with "just a guess", because I've only seen them & never had them on any of mine, ok?

See if there's an extra washer takeoff or line in the spaghetti coming from the front washer reservoir. Seeing the headlights are slaved off that I suspect the rears might be too, in which case you may be tracking a broken hose or union. Cheers

Reply to
hippo

With my 9-3 I had to have the line replaced that went up under the headliner to the rear nozzle. I guess whoever had the car before me rarely used the rear wash, so the fluid in it dried up and the line became clogged.

I don't know if the system was similar in the older 90s0 (though I know in the late 900s it was). If you can find the line, try blowing it out first otherwise, it could be a real nuissance job to get done.

Michael H

Reply to
Michael Halliwell

To be honest I was using the water would come from the bottle at the front, but it cant work off the same pump surely?

Al

Reply to
Al

Well it does in everything else I'm driving at the moment except for a reasonably primitive '91 4x4! Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Guess I might have a switch problem then as there's certainly no pump running.....

Reply to
Al