Saab 9000 rear window switches

I have a 1993 SAAB 9000 CS and latley have been having a problem with the rear window switches. Somethimes they work, somtimes they don?t, and somtimes one works and not the other. I am almost sure that the problem is in the switch that turns the rear windows on and off but I do not know how to open the panel in the central consel. Does anyone know? also, do you think this is the problem?

Thanks for the help, Greg

Reply to
greglev

It could just be oxidation on the fuses.

Reply to
Johannes

The switches are notorious for getting gummed up. They can be carefully disassembled, cleaned and reassembled.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Use a thin putty knife to go around the edges of the switch pack where it seats on the console. The pack comes out as a unit. You then lift a plastic lever for the electrical wiring connector to separate the wiring from the switch pack. After that you can place the pack on a bench to open it up and clean. Use a utility knife blade to carefully open the switch pack. It should be apparent to you after it is opened. Inside every toggle switch there is a bent copper piece. Clean the copper piece and contact point.

Reply to
yaofeng