Saab Advertisements available from Adforum.com

All,

I just got this from Adforum.com in response to my request for their Saab advertisements.

If we can all pitch in $20, we could add all of these to the library for all of us to share!

Check out their Saab videos on adforum.com if you'd like. They only have screenshots, but at least you can get somewhat of an idea of what they are.

What are your thoughts on buying these?

I think if they could also get all of the "Find your own road" videos, that'd be even better!

- Saab Guy

From Adforum:

$225 is the best price we can give you for all 13 ads. Most probably all the ads will be able to fit on one CD.

Our commercials come in Mpeg1 format and is playable in Windows & Mac. The resolution is 640 X 480

TITLE ADVERTISER/BRAND AGENCY COUNTRY DATE Signed Sealed Delivered Saab Lowe United States Lost Saab Lowe United States 2005 The Road Less Shoveled Saab United States

4 Doors Saab United States 2004 First Sketch Saab Lowe Brindfors Sweden Big Match Saab Lowe Brindfors Norway Oct-02 Bad Hair Day Saab Lowe United States A World Champion Made Even Better Saab Lowe Brindfors Sweden Behind The Bus Saab Lowe Brindfors Sweden Parasailor Saab Lowe United States Blue Elephant Saab United States 06-Mar Saab vs Preconceptions Saab Lowe Brindfors Sweden 1999 Saab vs the Seasons Saab Lowe Brindfors Sweden 1999
Reply to
Saab Guy

advertisements.

of us to share!

Why on earth would I (or anyone else) pay for advertising? I get plenty for free. And what "library" are you talking about? This is usenet and there is no library.

Thanks, but no thanks

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

advertisements.

of us to share!

Fred W,

No problem. The reason someone would pay is that they can't easily obtain those videos eleswhere in that high of quality or in general.

This is the library I was referring to.

These are all free for you and everyone else. It cost me over $300 to present all of these for everyone for free, so I'm just being nice. :)

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

present all of these for everyone for free, so I'm just being nice. :)

Wow! I didn't realize this was there. Thanks, I'll start downloading some tonight. If you can get enough contributors to keep it at $20, I'm interested. I see the nerdy types even got you to start bottom-posting, lol :-) Now, if only they could get Microsoft products to default to bottom-posting instead of top-posting, although I kind of like to read the answer before seeing the question.

Reply to
saabyurk

Ted,

Excellent. That makes 3 of us. So there are 3 of us willing to contribute $20, so that's $60 already off of the $225, now we're down to $165, so that leaves basically just 8 people left to pitch in!

I think how I'll do it is that everyone will give me $20 via paypal, and I'll end up paying through Paypal to this adforum company for all of us.

Once thye get me the CD, I'll posted all of the videos on that same Video library, starting where the current list ends.

What do you think about that?

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Top-posting works well for personal email where you can see the preview and start reading the reply from the beginning. It doesn't work well in a thread with several posts. Even worse if you want look in groups.google .

Imagine that I had top-posted this reply; the posting order would have been 3-1-2 instead of 1-2-3. So what if everybody top posts? Then you would have to read the replies in down-up-down-up fashion.

Reply to
Johannes

and I'll end up paying through Paypal to this adforum company for all of us.

Video library, starting where the current list ends.

Sounds okay to me, but who do the copyrights of the videos belong to? I don't want to see you get in trouble for sharing. Or does purchasing as a limited group give each member a right to view the videos, provided they are not publicly posted?

Reply to
saabyurk

I'm not selling them or anything, so what would the problem be?

You mean in trouble with adforum? I'll check with them.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

all of these for everyone for free, so I'm just being nice. :)

I tried downloading the MPG file at:

and received an error message back. If this is your Saab video side, can you check that all the filenames are correct and that there aren't any spelling or case errors in the filenames you put into the HTML code...

Regards,

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Craig,

I wasn't able to fully upload that file. I think perhaps I am running out of space perhaps.

Do you have a place I could upload it to?

SaabGuy

all of these for everyone for free, so I'm just being nice. :)

Saab Guy

all of these for everyone for free, so I'm just being nice. :)

I'm also wondering where I can find people to pay 300 bucks to host a gig or so of content. Any takers? I'll do it for 200....

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yes, I'll be in on that if you locate such clients.

Reply to
Grunff

Grunnf,

Good. So both of you will also contribute $20 towards these advertisements from adforum.com? Good.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

from adforum.com? Good.

Nope, but they will take $20 a person off people, to host 3rd party videos.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar