SRS light

Hi !

Yesterday the SRS indicator on my '94 9000 CSE ( UK model with driver's airbag ) didn't go out as usual.

Does the fix exclusively involve a visit to a Saab dealer ? Is there anything I can check myself ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

In message , Pooh Bear writes

Codes for the airbag warning light need to be pulled using the airbag testing tool by your dealer I'm afraid, there is no other way to check or reset them as far as I'm aware (they survive battery disconnects and other such tricks).

The usual cause of SRS faults are the sliprings on the steering column that transfer airbag, horn and other such signals from the fixed column to the steering wheel. A momentary break in continuity is enough to trigger the warning. I don't think replacing the slip rings requires major wallet surgery but as the airbag contains a small explosive device it is best to let the experts do it (although if you Google you will find instructions on how to do it - have a look on

for example).

As this is a safety feature on your car it is best to get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair

Yes it does need diagnostic gear. My daughter's NG 900 had perpetual trouble with her SRS light (it was always on along with other warning lights!), she finally gave me the car at 39k miles and I fixed everything except the SRS. That was done at a dealers 3.5 years ago and hasn't come on again.

Reply to
John Hudson

Unfortunately no, Go to a stealer or an indy. My guess is it is triggered by a voltage dip.

Reply to
yaofeng

Voltage dip ?

The battery seems ok. I get not less than 10.4 V typically after cranking on the display.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Low start up voltage won't trigger the SRS. It when the car is running with sudden increase in load like your AC compressor kicking in together with the fan coming on. happened to me twice, both in the summer.

Reply to
yaofeng