Strange ticking from dash

On my '97 900SE Convertable, I hear a fast ticking noise from the vicinity of the ashtray after shutting off the ignition. It eventually stops but I'm puzzeled about what it could possibly be.

Any ideas?

Mike

Reply to
MJK

Your DI cleaning itself?

Reply to
Grunff

acc temp sensor

its normal,,, blow a can of compressed air in it lighly to blow out the dust!!!!!!!!

these are on all NG 900, old 9-3 and 9000 from at least 90-

Mark

95 9000 94 cv 91 SPG 77 99EMS

Reply to
Mark Plumlee

is this the same as the cabin sensor, that grid with a small servo just below the clock on the 9k? If so, on my '94, it started to make so damn much noise, that it was hard to hear the radio, then would run on for several minutes after shutdown. I was afraid it was going to short the electrical system, and fry the car. Took it to my dealer, who told me that it was harmless, and would not drain the battery, either. It costs $118 US to fix (completely labor intensive).

I took it home, sprayed some WD40 >acc temp sensor

Reply to
cs