Suggestion needed for 9-3 Aero Conv.

Guys,

I am planning to buy 9-3 Aero. I will be soon moving to Toronto, Canada. Need your advise if this car will be good in the canadian cold weather..

Kindly advise.

thanks v

Reply to
duke

Well, I think in .ca you can even get the rear heated seats. :-)

Seriously though... I've never seen any cold weather complaints. I drive a convertible in New England Winters and even that has no issues - well insulated and well heated. There are no specific cold weather problems I know of. Don't forget where these cars are made.

I'd suggest four snow tires in the winter. Saabs are known to be seen towing out SUV's from snowbanks in the winter when outfitted with snow tires.

Reply to
- Bob -

I'm in Wisconsin, and I've got 'em. I'm told that they're nice to have. Never ride back there myself, but my kid appreciates them.

And buy some snow tires. Nokian makes some great ones (they're in Finland, where it also snows from time to time)

I think Toronto gets a bunch of lake-effect snow, right? We get it over in Milwaukee pretty good. I've had my snow-tire equipped Saabs out after blizzards, before the road has been plowed (emergency medical response stuff) and they've all handled quite well in it, rather fun in fact.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

"- Bob -1" wrote: > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 03:10:45 GMT, "duke" > wrote: > > >Guys, > >

Hey Duke I just read your question about our cold winters and a 9-3 conv. Well my friend I have lived here all my life and just bought a 1999 conv. First our winters are not very cold any more. Most of the time the temps sit are -5 C or 23F.(you have to get use to Celsius). We get a few weeks in the -15 C but not much. The amount of snow we get is way less than buffalo. We do not get lake affect snow very often. We give that to Buffalo. Toronto is in what we call the banana belt. drive a half hour north and you hit the snow belt and colder temps but not by much. Hope you enjoy it here.

Reply to
nu2saab