Tie me down kangaroo, sport

HELP!!

I have a 94 model 9000 2.0 ecopower. I've just had it for a few weeks and the previous owner had replaced sections of the exhausts. Anyway, the exhaust has been blowing slightly in a couple of places - (1) where the front pipe joins the turbo and (2) between the cat and the mid section. So armed with some gun gum I patched things up. (Wish that would work with the wife!) It's now quieter, smoother, more responsive and more economical....BUT, and I don't know if this is connected to what I did with the patching up, since I patched it up I can't use full throttle anymore. Half to two thirds on the throttle is ok but anything more and from about 3000 rpm the car just kangaroos down the road. It's as if the engine keeps cutting off the fuel supply. However, it's fine when I rev it in neutral and also on part throttle its happy to go all the way round the rev range without a hiccup. So anybody with any ideas out there?

Oh, please keep it simple. I am as about mechanically minded as, well, a kangaroo.

Reply to
SimplySaabing

You've got a fuel supply problem. Possibly low pressure - likely the pump needs replacing but check the filters first.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Thanks Graham. I'll check the filter in the next few days and let you know.

Reply to
SimplySaabing