Trailer Hitch on a 9000?

Can anyone here advise about the installation of a trailer hitch on my '88

9000 Turbo? Wanting to be able to tow a three-rail motorcycle trailer. Do-able?
Reply to
Mick Forstag

Sure. That's a light trailer.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

FYI: I got what I thought was a good deal on a custom hitch for my 9000 CSE from

It was about half the price ofwhat Saab charges and was even less than what the Connecticut manufacturercharges direct from the factory. On my 1994 CSE (now my son's) one had toremove the bumper to fit on the hitch but on my 1998 CSE one can get atall the pre-drilled and tapped holes without removing the bumper. I only use it to tow a small sailboat (Sunfish) with a aluminum trailer. The car does not notice it is there.

Good Luck, R. Frist

Reply to
Ramsey Frist