UK DI cassette recall.

Hi all,

I took my 2001 9-3 Aero in to my local dealer yesterday or them to locate a coolant leak and, to cut a long story short, they ended up changing the DI cassette!

I've heard Saabs in some other markets have been recalled already, but apparently it's the UK's turn very soon for a free replacement. If you don't get a letter in the next few weeks, it might be worth contacting your dealer...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

It's only a five minute job. Don't knock it !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

What is the range of models effected?

Reply to
Fred W

9^3 and 9^5, model years 2000-2002, in total about 300000 cars.
Reply to
th

Ok. Thanks much. Mine are '98's and '03's

Reply to
Fred W

Does me then: a "52". Seems ages ago when DIs were being replaced in the States.

Don't suppose they'll start doing SIDs next? :-(

Reply to
Colum Mylod

I think the issue is safety. When a DI fails in traffic, you're in trouble. Not so with a SID.

Reply to
- Bob -