what year wheel will fit???

I've got a 2000 Saabe 9-3 convertible and am searching for some wheels to put snow tires on. What year and model wheel will fit this car?

Local dealer said only 9-3 from 1999 to 2002, but I see ads saying other years/models will fit as well. Anyone know for sure? Or have some to sell near Green Bay, WI?

Reply to
RRaabe

Tire Rack.They've got some good winter packages and a ton of information on what works for winter driving.

seems weird at first to buy tires on the Internet, but it really worksgreat.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

"RRaabe" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

NG900/9-3 wheels will fit. And also 9-5 wheels. And, Opel (Vauxhall) Vectra wheels as well. :o)

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

Really, go check out tirerack.com. You can get a set of snow tires, mounted, valve stems, balanced and delivered to your door cheaper than the same tires alone from a retail store. At the store you would have to provide your own rims and pay for mounting, balancing, valve stem and deal with the sale pressure for the "lifetime waranty" - all of this on top of the price of the tire.

Reply to
ma_twain

Pat Greer, of Greer Enterprises, sells Nokian tires which are some of the best snow tires out there. (They're from Finland, where they have a pretty good test environment for that sort of thing). He ships to wherever you are, and can mount/balance on new wheels if you want. I've bought dozens of tires from him over the years, and he's a Saab enthusiast as well. 414-545-2296. No affiliation with his business, just a friend and very satisfied customer.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I've been looking at snow tires for my 9-3. My dealer in Massachusetts is running a special with four tires (they're Goodyears but not sure which ones) and rims for $1050 (everything is already mounted). The rims are the 10 spoke design from the 9-3 Arc, which by themselves sell for $888 in the Saab catalog. The price is around hundred bucks more than tirerack's price for four tires and rims.

Reply to
Shane Almeida

FWIW... last year the SAAB stealers were all running specials with Gislaved Nordfrost tires (better snows than any Goodyears) and the 16" OE alloy wheels for $799.

Reply to
Fred W.

Thanks for the tip, I guess I'll look into other options, or other dealers.

Have you heard anything about specials this year?

Reply to
Shane Almeida

I called a local dealer last week about that very thing, but was told that thanks to GM, no more Gislaveds - just Goodyears from now on.

So I got TireRack to ship me 4 studded Pirelli Winter Carving (look a lot like Nordfrost copies, btw) on steel wheels for a mere $545 delivered.

Reply to
Bob(but not that Bob)

For those of you that may not know the story of Gislaved:

Gislaved is a small city in Sweden where the Gislaved tires were manufactured. It was bought by Continental some years ago. A couple of years ago Contiental closed the plant in Gislaved and made 700 workers redundant (ever heard of the SAAB - GM story?). The tire brand Gislaved exists but not the factory in Sweden.

/Bengt

Reply to
Bengt Österdahl

IIRC the chief designer left Gislaved for Nokian. Next time I'll definitely buy Nokian tires, they seem to win most of the tests made by aoto magazines.

Reply to
th