Where to buy power antenna ?

It seems that power antenna in my '99 9-3 has broken. It seems to be mechanically ok, all wiring seems to be ok, but it does not work. I guess it is motor or brushes. Do you know where I could get replacement for reasonable amount of money? I got a quote for $250 for original saab antenna assembly, but that is quite a bit more I'm ready to pay.

I'm located CO, US.

BR,Z

Reply to
Zon

I had a similar problem, it turned out to be a short by the wiring harness attached by the antenna motor. Water must have leaked down the shaft of the mast and creeped into the harness plug where it deteriorated the plug. I bought a couple of electrical connectors and replaced the harness plug. Fixed the problem.

Reply to
Walp

I need to check that too. Thanks for the tip!

BR,Z

Reply to
Zon

Try English & Swedish Spares near Atlanta, GA; 800-241-1916. I just spent $30.00 USD for an antenna mast from them (Saab want $95.00). They usually ship the same day you order. And they'll ship to almost anywhere.

Reply to
J. Harris

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:27:20 -0700, "Zon" wrote: I got a quote for $250 for original saab antenna assembly, but that is quite a bit more I'm ready to pay.

I'm located CO, US.

BR,Z

If a used antenna would suffice, I have personally got good parts and good prices from Goldwing in NY state. Their number is 1-800-722-2137 (e.g. a replacement radio for $125)

Malcolm Mason

Reply to
Malcolm Mason

I replaced mine with a $7 antenna (non power) from an auto parts store and it works better than the original Saab (junk) power antenna ever did.

Reply to
inquierer