Woo hoo - Who needs a Turbo when you can have a Turbonator!

Words fail me.....

Al

;-))

Reply to
Al

In message , Al writes

Yahhhh!

From the website

"If every vehicle in this nation averaged just 2.7 more miles per gallon, we could eleminate our dependancy on mid east oil." (sic)

Wow, an extra 2.7 miles per gallon - that's like a 100% improvement in fuel efficiency for some vehicles on the road in the USA :-)

Sorry, I'll pass on this opportunity.

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair

Lovely website. Lets not go into the physics, but if I have four, do I get four times the improvement? :)

Reply to
DervMan

This is the best one:

"Just keep this in mind. A Vortech Supercharger kit for a 2004 Mustang that produces 155 HP boost costs $5,139.95. The Price/Performance ratio is $5,139.95/155HP = $33.16/HP. It costs $33.16 for every one horsepower it produces. All the Turbonator has to give you to beat the Vortech supercharger in terms of it's price/performance ratio is 3 horsepower."

...but they do fail to mention that the "Turbonator" will actually cause a net negative in horsepower since all it really does is partially block the intake. So what is the cost per horsepower produced then?

Infinite I would imagine...

Reply to
Fred W

Yes, sounds fishy. However, turbulence or 'swirl' can work, but needs to be applied directly to the mixture in the cylinder ports, not an aftermarket attachment to the air intake. There are probably more air turbulence from the air filter.

I once had a Fiat Croma CHT, it was an economy model which had the special Controlled High Turbulence engine. It only produced 90bhp from a 2.0L engine, but had more torque than the standard 120bhp engine and an amazing economy.

Reply to
Johannes

Spot on. The important bit is that it's bespoke to each engine, not a generic "one tuning module fits everything" approach of course.

Reply to
DervMan

god! I can't wait. Think of the possibilities when they are installed in series. Is the power increase additive or exponential? If you have

2, does the horsepower compound like interest on your money? Wow!
Reply to
ZOT