1992 Saturn

My 92 Saturn SL1 (5speed) battery was dead, I got a jump start and let it run over 20 min. When I put it into gear, it just died and would not start without another jump. Again, once I put it into gear, it quit. I've recently had a tune up and new alternator put on. Any suggestions? It's now been sitting for several months and I really want to get it going again.

Reply to
mpiquet

The new alternator and the need for a jump hints to me that your battery might be bad. Your battery might be crap and thats what took out your alt. Swap the battery with a known good one.

Reply to
Blah blah

And hopefully it didn't take out your new alternator.

James

Reply to
James1549

Thanks for the suggestions on checking the battery... Even though Saturn claimed everything including the battery was fine after running a diagnostic, I took your advice and tried the battery from another vehicle. I turned the key and it took right off (after setting for a year)!

It's pretty sad that Saturn couldn't figure it out. Thanks again for saving me many $$$!!

Reply to
mpiquet