2000 ls2 water pump location

I need to replace my water pump but am unsure of its location. It seems it should be the top front pulley but I can see no housing behind the pulley. A quick check with the flashlight shows that the bolts behind the pulley are connected to a bracket and not a housing. I have read that some newer models have it in conjunction with the timing chain. This was a much easier change on my 1991 SL2.

I have the 3.0 V6 engine model L81. Thanks for the help.

Aaron

Reply to
atyburski