2001 SL1 Trunk light switch, WHERE?

I see I have a trunk light in my 2001 SL1, I've seen it come on once and the bulb looks fine. Where is the switch for this thing? I've looked and can not find it.

Thanks in advance,

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Probably it's a mercury switch inside the light assembly.

Reply to
Dan Hicks

Actually the switch is in the latch. The decklid striker trips it.

Reply to
Hutch001b

Thank you very much!

Wes

Reply to
clutch

I thought they banned mercury switches long ago.

Reply to
Skid

I don't think they have been banned, but I think GM has moved to using switches integrated into the latch recently due to the environmental problems of disposing of those switches..

Reply to
Robert Hancock