refill capacity 2003 Sentra XE

Hello:

I just did an oil change on a 2003 Sentra XE 1.8L. Used a dealership filter and the recommended oil. The owners manual recommends 2.7Litres or 2-7/8 quart on a drain and refill with new filter for that model. I poured almost exactly that amount in but the oil seems very Low on the dipstick. It's right at the L mark and below the hatch mark. Tried adding a little more and it's still low. Drove it and checked it again, same. Let it sit for 10 minutes, same (and no leaks). It looks like it needs at least a litre more and the manual says you should base actual oil capacity on the dipstick (but I don't want to overfill it by way more than the owners manual says). Is there any reason why the oil level should be so extremely low on the dipstick after using the amount recommended by Nissan?

Thanks

Reply to
Sentra Dude